Facebook Files For IPO, Releases Interesting 2011 Stats and Data:
The most highly anticipated initial public offering of this decade is coming. Facebook has filed for its IPO today and the 8-year-old company will be trading under the ticker symbol FB . It’s not yet clear whether the company will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange or on the NASDAQ like its biggest publicly traded rival Google which trades under the ticker symbol GOOG. Facebook filed the S-1 document with the Securities and Exchange Commission today and the 8-year-old company may raise up to $100 billion which would make it one of the biggest initial public offerings in history.
Facebook going public will put a dent in the demand for shares of other social media and search engine entities that are publicly traded such as LinkedIn, Microsoft, Yahoo and Google. The company is expected to increase its share of ad revenue in the next few years and boasts a broader user base than any social networking company with 845 million users compared to Twitter for example which has 100 million users.
Facebook also disclosed some important information about the company’s earnings and statistics for 2011.
Facebook 2011 Statistics
- Facebook’s net income rose 65% to $1 billion in 2011.
- Facebook’s revenue rose 88% to $3.7 billion in 2011.
- Facebook’s expenses $1.96 billion in 2011.
- Facebook had 845 million users in 2011 which is an increase of 39% from 2010.
- Facebook has 483 million daily active users.
- Facebook has 425 million monthly active users on mobile devices.
- Facebook daily likes and comments 2.7 billion.
- Facebook receives 250 million photos a day.